General information – if you have additional questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open daily 6 a.m. until 10 p.m.
- Admission is FREE
- Bring Water
- Apply insect repellent
- No fires or camping
- Call 972-205-3589 or use the free eAssist Garland app to report maintenance concerns
- Download the maps from the Trail Maps page.
- There are about four miles of natural surface trails and four miles of paved trails.
- The total size of the Preserve and surrounding greenspace is about 250 acres.
- Stay on the trails.
- Motorized vehicles, bicycles, strollers, skates, etc. are not allowed on the natural trails, because wheels cause extensive damage to the ecosystem of the dirt trails.
- Geocaching in the Preserve: SCFP Geocaches can be found at: https://geocaching.com/.
- Dogs must be on leash at all times (ORD #22.03) to protect them and the wildlife.
- Clean up after your pet (ORD #22.08).
- Do not disturb, remove, or destroy any animals or birds.
- Snakes are in their natural habitat. Do not try to move them. Allow them to pass undisturbed and walk as far around as possible.
- Poison ivy is a good native plant and it is a food source for the birds. Recognize and protect yourself and children from poison ivy. (Humans are the only species susceptible to the poison.)
- There are no known endangered species.
- No plants may be harvested. It is illegal to remove, disturb, or destroy any plants.
- Volunteer workdays are the second Saturday of the month from 9-11 a.m., September through May. Check the Event Calendar or Facebook for the location.
- For community volunteer service opportunities email the Society at email@example.com or call Garland Parks and Recreation at 972-205-2750.
- Membership dues support keeping the Preserve in its pristine condition.
- All staff are volunteers.
- Most activities planned by the Society are free and open to everyone, although occasionally events are scheduled for Society members only.
- See the Join or Donate page for more information.
- The Garland Police placed surveillance cameras in the 1770 Holford parking lot.
- Call 911 for emergencies.
- Call 972-485-4840 for non-emergencies.
- To report dogs off-leash, call 972-205-3570, option 1.
Parking and Trailhead entrances:
- Lee F Jackson Spring Creek Forest Preserve Trailhead,1770 Holford Rd, Garland, TX, 75044
- Spring Creek Park Preserve Trailhead, 1787 Holford Rd, Garland, TX 75044
- Halff Park Trailhead, 4695 Ranger Dr, Garland, TX, 75044
- Winters Park Trailhead, 1419 South Creek Dr, Garland, TX, 75044
- Spring Creek Greenbelt – Fred Harris Section, 6006 North Shiloh, Garland, TX 75040
- Mapleridge Drive on-street parking: Mapleridge Trail entrance to the Spring Creek Park Preserve