At a Glance
Preservation Society for Spring Creek Forest
Educational and Service Activities for 2019
We hope you will check out the activities below and plan your calendar. It will be great to see you.
Monthly Public Speaker Series: usually on the 1st Tuesday of the month from September to April.
Meeting Time: 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm.
Location: North Garland Branch Library, 3845 North Garland Avenue, Garland, TX 75040
- Jan. 8, 2019 (2nd Tuesday): John Randall Bow, The Texas Native Seed Program
- Feb. 5, 2019: Lisa Dolliver, Land Snails of North Texas
- March 5, 2019: Gayle Souterland, Texas Tough Herbs
- April 2, 2019: John Watts, The Rise of the Arthropods
Suggestions: If you have ideas for speakers or topics for future programs, please, email your suggestions to Jennifer Kolmes (email@example.com).
Field trips and Workshops
- Jan. 26, 2019, 8:00 – 9:30 am – Bird Walk, led by certified Master Birder, Reba Collins, 1787 Holford Road, Garland. Do you want to learn what birds winter in Spring Creek Forest? Come for a morning walk and learn to identify some of our resident and wintering birds. Dress for the weather. Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Feb. 23, 2019, time tbd – Trout Lily Walk, 1770 Holford Road, Garland
Self-Guided Interpretive Trail: https://springcreekforest.org/interpretive-1787-holford-rd/
Watch our website for other seasonal walks, to be announced throughout the year. https://springcreekforest.org
Service and Volunteer Opportunities
Monthly Work Sessions– One Saturday a month, 9:00 – 11:00 am: Check Website for Details, including dates and locations which may vary or change: https://springcreekforest.org/
- Upcoming Dates: 2019- Jan. 12, Feb. 9, Mar. 9, Apr. 6, May 4 (picnic)
Safety Materials: Each work session will begin with a safety briefing. Wear work gloves, long pants, protective eyewear, and sturdy shoes (no sandals) for your protection from poison ivy and thorns. All participants or their parents for minors must sign our Liability Waiver. All minors 16 yrs. and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
Membership: Join Us Today! Download our membership form: https://springcreekforest.org/join/
Monthly Email: To subscribe please contact: Barbara_Baynham2005@yahoo.com
Make a donation! Your donation helps the all-volunteer Preservation Society for Spring Creek Forest offer public lectures, conduct habitat management workdays, and offer public nature walks. Please mail your tax-deductible donation to: Preservation Society for Spring Creek Forest, Attn: Treasurer, P.O. Box 450176, Garland, TX 75045-0176
Executive Committee Meetings
The Executive Committee usually meets on the third Thursday of each month at 7:00 p.m. The meetings are open to the public. For location, please contact
For General Preserve information:
The above activities are specific to the Preservation Society for Spring Creek Forest.
For general Preserve information, please call Garland Parks and Recreation Department, 972-205-2750.
Thank you for your support!
Executive Committee, Preservation Society for Spring Creek Forest